You may not know this (unless you read my blog bio page), but I taught Yoga for about 10 months, 2 years ago while living in Chicago. The class I taught was a Yoga Sculpt class which incorporated basic yoga postures with strength training & cardio. It was a high intensity class and in a heated studio (hot yoga). I still have my Yoga Sculpt license which I got while training at a CorePowerYoga studio in Chicago.
Yoga is defined in several ways by many people. I do Yoga for fitness reasons such as to exercise (stretch) and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Yoga is important. Class Pass recently blogged about 5 reasons to incorporate Yoga into your fitness routine in 2015. Read it here.
Recently, I became a Sweat Pink Ambassador. As an Ambassador, I’m partnering up with Prana and Sweat Pink for a 30 day Yoga challenge. And you can join in too. It’s free and there will be prizes at the end of the challenge. Read below for more details.
For this Yoga Challenge, I plan to do Yoga for 10-15mins per day of Yoga per day either at the beginning of my day before work or at the end of my day. I hope to also attend a few live yoga classes (1 hour) and also do Yoga at home by watching 30 min videos on Youtube.
Yoga Challenge Info.
They’re inviting all Sweat Pink’ers, friends of Sweat Pink and yogis to “Take the Leap” with 30 days of yoga (from Feb. 2-March 8) and show prAna why and how they are taking big leaps with their fitness goals in 2015 for a chance to win $500 worth of prAna gear as well as gift an additional $500 in prAna gear to the person of their choice.
30 DAY YOGA CHALLENGE (bloggers post the below on your blog):
- When I think about yoga, the first thought that comes to mind is flexibility. Yoga awakens me and makes me feel alive.
- That’s why I am SO pumped to participate in prAna’s Take The Leap 30 days of Yoga Challenge with Sweat Pink. I plan to crow (yoga pose) my way to a more powerful and balanced 2015!
- For me, the biggest challenge when it comes to yoga is consistency. Taking the Leap with prAna and Sweat Pink is a great way for me to achieve the crow pose.
- My favorite place to yoga is inside a yoga studio because it is so quiet (and some yoga studios have beautiful aromas/scents inside).
- Here’s a photo of me in my very best crow pose (with the amazing Chicago skyline in the background).
- I tag Cindy, Sara, and Emily to join me in this challenge.
- I want these fabulous bloggers to share their very best yoga pose photos, this fun madlib** and of course, I challenge them to join me on this fun 30 day yoga journey.
- A Mad Lib is a story, letter, or other written work that’s missing critical words. You play a Mad Lib by filling in these missing words.
- Come on y’all, take the LEAP with me!
- Join prAna’s & Sweat Pink’s #TaketheLeap 30 Days of Yoga Challenge and be eligible to win $500 worth of prAna gear and / or be the lucky winner who gets to gift $500 worth of prAna gear to one lucky winner. They just launched their new spring collection so you best get on it!
- If I win I would gift the $500 to my friend Cindy because she loves all things fitness like me.
Join the Take the Leap with prAna and Sweat Pink Facebook group and facebook event page which we’ll use for updates, sharing, and inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525412337742204/
and event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/423377431152799
And join the challenge on Instagram, Twitter, and your blog using the following hashtags:
And of course, tag @prana @FitApproach
Want to play? Just copy/paste the above and fill in the blanks where I have bolded & italicized and make it your own. Or use this link for the template!